What does BBL stand for?
- At the MW Clinic London the Sciton BBL stands for Broad Band Light, and not Brazilian Bum Lift as some other clinics may offer!
Is the Sciton BBL a good laser?
- The Sciton BBL is not a laser but an FDA-approved phototherapy device built by the long-established US company,
Sciton. (The FDA is the official US regulator for all medical products and devices).
What does Sciton BBL treat?
- It uses state-of-the-art technology that uses a combination of wavelengths of light to treat a wide range of skin concerns. These include sun damage, age spots,
, and fine lines and
wrinkles. It can also be used for hair removal and vascular lesions.
How does Sciton BBL work?
- This advanced system delivers controlled pulses of light energy to the affected area. This stimulates the body's natural healing process and promoting the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
What is BBL HERO?
- The Sciton BBL HERO (High Energy Rapid Output) is an advanced version of the Sciton BBL technology that provides faster, more efficient, and customisable treatments for a variety of skin concerns.
How does Sciton BBL HERO work?
- The HERO technology uses a unique lamp design and higher energy levels to deliver more intense and effective treatments, while also ensuring greater patient comfort and safety. The HERO technology allows for more customisable treatment options, allowing healthcare professionals to tailor the treatment to the patient's specific needs and skin type.
What are the benefits of Sciton BBL HERO?
- One of the key benefits of the Sciton BBL HERO system is its high-speed technology, which delivers faster and more efficient treatments. This can lead to less time in the clinic and faster results for patients. Additionally, the system is designed with advanced cooling technology to ensure patient comfort during treatment.
What skin conditions can Sciton BBL HERO treat?
- Overall, the Sciton BBL HERO system is a versatile and advanced technology that can provide effective and customisable treatments for a variety of skin concerns. As with any cosmetic treatment, it's important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional to determine if the Sciton BBL HERO is the right option for you.
Does Sciton BBL HERO require downtime?
- The Sciton BBL HERO phototherapy device is a safe, non-invasive, and virtually painless treatment, with little to no downtime required. Most patients experience a noticeable improvement in their skin's appearance after just one or two treatments. Optimal results are achieved after a series of sessions.
Who will carry out the Sciton BBL HERO treatment?
Miss Meg Minasian will work closely with each patient to develop a personalised treatment plan using the Sciton BBL phototherapy device. With her expertise as an ophthalmic surgeon and aesthetic doctor, she can ensure that patients receive the highest quality of care and treatment.
Before BBL HERO treatment
After BBL HERO treatment (3 sessions)
Images courtesy of Dermatology & Laser Center of Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Please find below many of the most common other questions about Sciton BBL treatments asked by our clients, and answered by our expert aesthetic doctor, Miss Meg Minasian
Can BBL damage skin?
- No, Sciton BBL is designed to be safe and minimally invasive. However, like any procedure, it must be performed by a qualified professional to minimise potential risks.
Is BBL treatment good?
- Yes, BBL treatment is effective in treating a variety of skin conditions like age spots, freckles, and sun damage, and in improving overall skin appearance.
How long will BBL last?
- The results of a BBL treatment can last several months to a year, depending on the individual's skin condition and care regimen post-treatment.
Does BBL melt fat?
- No, BBL is a phototherapy treatment targeting skin conditions, not a fat reduction procedure.
Does BBL leave scars?
- BBL is non-invasive and typically does not leave any scars. Any temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment usually subsides quickly.
Does BBL last a lifetime?
- While BBL can produce long-lasting results, they are not permanent. Regular maintenance treatments are recommended to sustain results.
Is BBL good for your skin?
- Yes, BBL helps improve skin tone and texture, reduce signs of aging, and treat various skin conditions, contributing to healthier-looking skin.
How permanent is BBL?
- BBL isn't permanent. The longevity of its effects depends on various factors, including the individual's skin type, condition, lifestyle, and aftercare.
What will my face look like after BBL?
- Following a BBL treatment, your face may appear slightly red or swollen, but this will subside quickly. Over time, you'll notice improved skin clarity, tone, and texture.
Is BBL safe for all skin types?
- BBL is generally safe for most skin types. However, darker skin types may require a specialised treatment approach to ensure safety and efficacy.
Is BBL safe for dark skin?
- BBL can be safely used for skin types I-V. However it is not suitable for skin type VI (the darkest category).
What is better IPL or BBL?
- Both IPL and BBL are effective for treating skin conditions, but BBL is often considered superior due to its precision, control over pulse duration, and ability to target multiple skin concerns at once.
- If you're interested in learning more about the Sciton BBL HERO please don't hesitate to contact us today to schedule a consultation with Miss Meg Minasian. We look forward to helping you achieve your best possible results.
- To book a consultation with Miss Meg Minasian please contact us here or book online here.