What is Profhilo?
- Profhilo is a revolutionary anti-aging treatment that helps to restore and rejuvenate the skin's natural glow and elasticity. At our leading aesthetic clinic, we offer this treatment to patients looking for a non-invasive way to improve the appearance of their skin.
What is Profhilo made of?
- Profhilo is made from hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body and helps to keep the skin hydrated and supple. When injected into the skin, Profhilo stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that are essential for maintaining healthy, youthful-looking skin.
How long does the effect of a Profhilo treatment last?
- Unlike other dermal fillers, Profhilo spreads evenly throughout the skin, creating a natural-looking result that lasts for up to six months. It is also completely biocompatible, which means that it is safe for use on all skin types.
Is Profhilo treatment safe?
- At our clinic, our aesthetic expert, Miss Meg Minasian, is highly trained in the use of Profhilo and is experienced in delivering safe and effective results. During your consultation, we will assess your skin and recommend the best course of treatment for your needs.
Is there downtime with Profhilo?
- Profhilo treatment involves a series of injections, which are quick and relatively painless. There is no downtime associated with the treatment, and most patients are able to return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure.
What does Profhilo do to your face?
- In addition to improving the appearance of the skin, Profhilo can also help to address other concerns, such as fine lines, wrinkles and loss of volume. It is a versatile treatment that can be used on various areas of the face and body, including the neck, chest, and hands.
|Pain:||Minimal (numbing cream can be applied beforehand)|
|Downtime:||None (potential bruise).|
|Results:||Improved hydration at 1 week, Anti-ageing effect at 4-6 weeks, Duration 6-12 months|
|Recommended course:||Two treatments repeated every 6 months, or as needed|
|Concerns Treated:||Ageing skin, Dull skin, Enlarged pores, Wrinkles|
|Pricing:||Course of two sessions, 4 weeks apart (From £450 per session)|
Please note that for all patients no treatment will be advised or performed unless a personal consultation with Miss Meg Minasian has first been undertaken.
Please find below many of the most common other questions about Profhilo treatments asked by our clients, and answered by our expert aesthetic doctor, Miss Meg Minasian
What does Profhilo do for your face?
- Profhilo is essentially an injectable moisturiser, it is a very pure form of hyaluronic acid, which can be injected at various points in either your face, or your neck to improve hydration and elasticity of the skin
What age is best for Profhilo?
- Profhilo can be used from mid-30s onwards. Its main effect is to rehydrate and so certain individuals depending on genetics and lifestyle will benefit from its hydrating affects at an earlier age than others.
Does Profhilo make you glow?
- People often describe that the glow has been restored to their skin following Profhilo treatment. This is due to its hydrating and plumping effects which mitigate against dry and dullness in the skin surface.
Does Profhilo make your face look bigger?
- When Profhilo is used correctly, and for the appropriate indications, it should not make your face look bigger as it is not a volumiser or a filler. It is only a hydrator that contains hyaluronic acid which has not been crosslinked.
What are the five points of Profhilo?
- The five ´bio aesthetic points´ for Profhilo are on the zygoma, the middle cheek, the chin, the mandible and the preauricular area. These five points have been chosen specifically, as Profhilo is known to have a diffusion zone of approximately 4 cm diameter, and when injecting in these five points, it has its diffusion over the maximum area of the face for the best aesthetic and hydrating effect, there are similar designated points for the neck treatment.
Can I sleep on my face after Profhilo?
- It is not ideal to sleep on your face after a Profhilo, after any sort of injectable treatment, it is sensible to try to sleep predominantly on your back just in case this affects the diffusion or placement of the product.
How long do Profhilo injections last?
- A typical protocol for a Profhilo would involve having two lots of injections approximately 4 to 6 weeks apart, this usually achieves a beautiful hydrated result that lasts for anything between 6 and 12 months. The duration of the effect will depend on both genetic and lifestyle factors. We would usually recommend having a maintenance Profhilo treatment once every 6 to 12 months in order to maintain the result.
Does Profhilo have any long-term side-effects?
- Profhilo is a pure hyaluronic acid product. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body and skin, and it is therefore safe product to use unless in very rare instances when someone is allergic to HA. In addition to this.
Does Profhilo work immediately?
- Typically, it takes 4 to 6 weeks before seeing the full effect and benefit of Profhilo in your skin. However, some people report an improvement within the first week. Results are most impressive between six and twelve weeks following the second injection.
How many sessions of Profhilo do you need?
- A course of Profhilo is usually two sets of injections four weeks apart. A third injection can often be highly beneficial in some people with particularly dehydrated skin. In terms of maintenance, one injection every six months is advised but this requirement or frequency is very dependent on both genetic and lifestyle factors
Can I do Botox and Profhilo together?
- Botulinum toxin and Profhilo can be used in combination to complement each other very well. For convenience, they can also be delivered in the same appointment.
Is Profhilo treatment safe?
- I profiler is a pure hyaluronic acid injectable if it is delivered by an experience practitioner that understands anatomy and the indications for use for its use it as a safe and highly effective treatment
Does Profhilo prevent wrinkles?
- Profhilo does not prevent wrinkles. It has no effect on the underlying muscles. Botulinum toxin is the treatment of choice in order to prevent wrinkles. Profhilo boosts hydration which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What age is Profhilo recommended?
- Theoretically Profhilo can be used at any age. however, depending on lifestyle and genetic factors, it works best in the age group mid 30s to mid 60s when levels of hyaluronic acid in the skin are declining.
Does Profhilo change your face shape?
- No, Profhilo is pure hyaluronic acid, without cross-linking, meaning it has no volume or structure. It should not change your face shape, and as long as it has been administered by an experienced practitioner, it will only enhance the hydration of your face but not change any morphology.
Which is better filler or Profhilo?
- Filler and Profhilo are although often both hyaluronic acid based are very different products with different indications for use. An experienced practitioner will guide you as to which is most appropriate and indeed they can work nicely in combination. Typically filler is used to address issues with loss of volume or structure in the face Profhilo is used to improve skin hydration.
Does Profhilo make your skin glow?
- Profhilo is highly effective at restoring hydration and plumping the skin. This often manifests as a lovely dewy glow, which is extremely popular with men and women alike.
Does Profhilo lighten skin?
- No, Profhilo does not lighten skin. However, it can improve the appearance of dark circles in the under eye area through its hydrating and skin improving properties in the neighbouring BAP injection sites.
Will Profhilo make me look younger?
- Profhilo can certainly restore a fresher, more hydrated appearance in the skin, and most people feel it gives them a youthful boost.
Is Profhilo really effective?
- Delivered by an experienced practitioner, it is a highly effective and popular treatment.
Does Profhilo make your face fuller?
- Profhilo is a hydrating skin booster made of pure hyaluronic acid, which does not volumize or change the morphology of your face. It does, however, improve the quality and texture of your skin, which can restore a more youthful plumpness to your face.
Why is Profhilo so popular?
- A bit like botulinum toxin injections, skin boosters like Profhilo are an extremely popular and easily accessible non-invasive treatment to help restore and maintain the integrity and youthful appearance of the face and neck.
Is one treatment of Profhilo enough?
- Depending on your age and the quality of your skin, most people find that a course of two injections of Profhilo works best to restore hydration and skin quality. However an experienced practitioner will be able to advise you.