- At the MW Clinic London we offer effective treatment for acne, especially hormonal acne, via BBL Sciton light therapy. This is particularly helpful in patients intolerant of oral antibiotics or isotretinoin (Roaccutane).
- It is important to seek professional help for acne, as untreated cases can lead to scarring and long-term damage to the skin. We will help tailor a treatment plan to suit your individual needs, often in tandem with your Dermatologist.
- In addition to medical treatments, there are several lifestyle changes that can help manage acne. These include maintaining a healthy diet, avoiding minimising certain triggers such as stress, addressing hormonal changes, and establishing a good skincare routine.
- At The MW Clinic London, we understand the impact that acne can have on your self-esteem and quality of life. That's why we take a compassionate and personalised approach to treatment, working with you and your Dermatologist to achieve clear, healthy skin.
- If you are struggling with acne, don't suffer in silence. To book a consultation please contact us here or book online here.
Please find below many of the most common other questions about broadband light therapy for acne asked by our clients, and answered by our expert doctor, Dr Meg Minasian.
Does broadband light therapy help acne?
- Broadband light therapy, often referred to as BBL light therapy, can be highly effective in treating acne by targeting acne-causing bacteria and reducing inflammation.
Is broadband light for acne worth it?
- The effectiveness of broadband light therapy for acne can vary from person to person, and it's advisable to first have a consultation with Dr Meg Minasian to determine if it's a suitable treatment option for your specific needs.
What are the side effects of broadband light acne treatment?
- The side effects of broadband light therapy for acne may include temporary redness, mild swelling and sensitivity, which usually resolve within a few days.
How many broadband light treatments are needed for acne?
- The number of Broadband light treatments needed for acne can vary, but a series of sessions is usually recommended for optimal results. A personalised treatment plan will be agreed with Dr Meg Minasian.
Does broadband light help with acne?
- Broadband light therapy, often referred to as BBL light therapy, can help with acne by targeting acne-causing bacteria and reducing inflammation in the skin, it is particularly helpful in patients intolerant of oral antibiotics or isotretinoin (Roaccutane).
How many treatments with broadband light do I need for acne?
- The number of treatments with broadband light for acne varies depending on the severity of the condition and individual response, can be be in the range of 5-8 treatments.
What is the cost of Broadband light therapy for acne?
- At The MW Clinic London The cost of broadband light therapy, using the Forever Clear protocol for acne, is from £300 per session.
How do I get rid of hormonal acne?
Broadband light therapy is recommended for managing hormonal acne. It targets the root causes of acne and can be highly effective.
What foods should I avoid for acne?
To complement acne treatment, consider avoiding high-glycemic foods, dairy, and excessive sugar. Broadband light therapy can help improve your skin's condition.
How do I know if my acne is bacterial or hormonal?
Identifying the type of acne is crucial. Hormonal acne often appears along the jawline and chin. Broadband light therapy can effectively treat hormonal acne.
Is hormonal acne dry or oily?
Hormonal acne can manifest as both dry and oily skin, depending on the individual. Broadband light therapy addresses various acne-related concerns.
What causes jawline acne?
Jawline acne is frequently linked to hormonal imbalances. Broadband light therapy can help manage hormonal acne effectively.
How can I balance my hormones for acne?
Balancing hormones is essential for managing acne. Broadband light therapy complements hormone balance efforts and can improve skin condition.
Does hormonal acne ever go away?
Hormonal acne can be effectively managed, and Broadband light therapy is a recommended treatment option to consider.
What main hormone causes acne?
Androgens, like testosterone, play a significant role in acne development. Broadband light therapy effectively targets hormonal acne.
What are the side effects of using roaccutane?
Roaccutane (isotretinoin) can have side effects, but Broadband light therapy offers a non-pharmaceutical alternative for treating acne. Dr. Meg Minasian at The MW Clinic London offers Broadband light treatments that can effectively treat hormonal acne. Please contact us to arrange a consultation.
What alternatives are there to using roaccutane?
Broadband light therapy is an effective alternative to Roaccutane for managing hormonal acne. It can provide positive results without medication.
Is Broadband light an alternative treatment for hormonal acne?
Yes, Broadband light therapy is an excellent alternative treatment for hormonal acne. It targets the root causes and can improve skin tone and texture. Dr. Meg Minasian at The MW Clinic London offers Broadband light treatments that can effectively treat hormonal acne. Please contact us to arrange a consultation.
How does Broadband light treat hormonal acne?
Broadband light therapy treats hormonal acne by delivering targeted light energy to the skin, reducing inflammation, and improving overall skin health.
What is the cost of Broadband light therapy for hormonal acne?
- At The MW Clinic London The cost of broadband light therapy, using the Forever Clear protocol for hormonal acne, is from £300 per session.