The scalp is a sensitive area that is susceptible to a variety of concerns. These can range from mild conditions such as dandruff, which is characterized by the flaking of skin from the scalp, to more severe conditions like psoriasis, which can cause red, scaly patches on the scalp and other areas of the body.
- Scalp eczema is another common concern that can cause redness, itching, and flaking. It can be triggered by factors such as stress, exposure to certain chemicals or irritants, or genetics. Similarly, scalp folliculitis is a condition that can occur when hair follicles on the scalp become inflamed or infected, causing redness, itching, and discomfort.
- Other less common scalp concerns include seborrheic dermatitis, which can cause red, scaly patches on the scalp and other areas of the body, and alopecia, which is characterized by hair loss on the scalp or other areas of the body.
- It is important to seek medical advice if you are experiencing any of these scalp concerns, as they can often be managed with proper treatment and care.
- Dr Sharon Wong can provide a proper diagnosis and recommend an appropriate treatment plan based on your individual needs. Additionally, maintaining good scalp hygiene, avoiding harsh chemicals or hair treatments, and managing stress levels can also help to prevent or manage scalp concerns.
- To book a consultation with our expert dermatologist and trichologist, Dr Sharon Wong, please contact us here or book online here.